As promised here’s my first recipe. This is adapted from the egg sandwiches that we have made for years when camping out at festivals, on road trips or just when we’re in between grocery runs! I’ve swapped the two slices of multigrain bread out for a low-carb wrap, and added butter, bacon and avocado for extra fat. <— still feels strange to type that!
- one free range egg
- one low carb wrap
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- two slices bacon
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Cholula hot sauce (optional)
- Add butter to a hot non-stick pan. Lightly fry the wrap on each side till slightly browned. Set on plate.
- Add more butter to the pan and fry the bacon and egg.
- Top the wrap with the egg, cheese, bacon and avocado slices. Add hot sauce if desired.
- Wrap the whole thing up into a pocket.
- Eat and enjoy!
A word about our nonstick pan. If you are concerned about cooking with teflon, check out our ceramic pan! This pan works every bit as well as our previous teflon version did, as long as we are careful to put a thin layer of oil (or butter) on the cooking surface with each use. In our cabin kitchen, that’s as simple as slapping a hunk of butter into the pan and swishing it around as it melts. We have been using this pan almost daily for 3 years, and it is holding up great!
Please note: Links to products are affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! 🙂
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon
Please note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this LCHF and ketogenic diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.