I’m still on my soup kick! Especially now that crisp, cool fall weather has arrived. Here’s a tasty tried-and-true recipe that I have adapted to fit our new LCHF / Ketogenic lifestyle.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 Tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
(more or less, to taste. Sweet paprika would work too if you don’t like spicy foods.)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley
- sour cream
- In a large stockpot, sauté the onions in the butter with a light sprinkle of salt until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, dill, tamari, paprika and stock. Stir, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cream, and cook, stirring frequently on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add sour cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a sprinkle of parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Please note: Links to products are affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! 🙂
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon
Please note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this LCHF and ketogenic diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.