Here’s what’s cookin’ at the cabin this week:
4 servings, moderate low carb
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 oz. broccoli
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3 cups water
- 2.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crispy
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Peel and chop onion and garlic. Cut up broccoli (florets and stems) into about 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put onion, garlic and broccoli in a pot and cover with the chicken/vegetable stock (or water). Salt and bring to a boil for a few minutes on high heat. Lower the heat and boil for a few minutes, just enough to retain a somewhat firm texture.
- Add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Stir and gently heat until cheese has melted.
- Serve with crispy, crumbled bacon on top.
Macros per serving: Calories 512 | Protein 23g | Fat 42g | Net Carb 11g
Please note: Links to products are affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! 🙂
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon
Please note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this LCHF and ketogenic diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.