Here’s what’s cooking at the cabin this week! Another tried-and-true favorite recipe adapted to our Primal / LCHF / Keto lifestyle. This zesty, creamy dish is pure comfort food. Cooking it low and slow in the crockpot means no heating up the kitchen on muggy summer days!
Makes 6 servings, Cooking time: 6.5 hours
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 8oz carton of cream cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground basil
- 1 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt, at room temperature (to prevent curdling)
- 1 package chopped frozen spinach – thawed
- Thickener of your choice (I used potato starch)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 pieces of bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- Place chicken thighs in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add the cream cheese, chicken broth, onion and spices
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the yogurt, spinach and thickener, and stir. The chicken should break apart on its own.
- Cook for 15 more minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Top with a spoonful of crumbled bacon before serving.
Enjoy! We used to serve this over a big pile of brown rice. Substituting tasty Cheesy Keto Waffles adds a fresh new twist, if you are looking for a little more to eat!
We’ve had our 6 quart slow-cooker for four years now, and it has been a real workhorse. I love loading it up and then enjoying the tantalizing aromas that waft around the house until we crack it open at dinnertime! The clips on top make it easy to transport to pot lucks as well!
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! 🙂
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon. We will get a small commission for sending you there (at no extra cost to you).
Please note: Links to products are Affiliate Links.
Please also note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this Primal, LCHF and ketogenic diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.