Hi, and thanks for stopping by! This recipe is very similar to the eggplant lasagna recipe that I posted a few months back, but it is simpler to make and meat-free.
- Slice the eggplant into long pieces, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the eggplant with salt and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, blot the eggplant with paper towels to dry it as much as possible.
- Cover 2 baking sheets with foil and spray them with olive oil.
- Place the eggplant in a single layer on the baking sheets. Brush/spray them with olive oil.
- Roast the eggplant for 20-25 minutes at 400F .
- While the eggplant is roasting, grease an 8 X 8 glass baking dish
- Add about 1/3 of the sauce to the bottom.
- When it is ready, add a layer of roasted eggplant.
- The next layer is half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat these 3 layers: sauce, eggplant, mozzerella
- Top with the rest of the sauce and the Parmesean cheese, mixed with the almond flour.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes at 400F.
- Remove the foil and let the topping brown and crisp if you would like.
- Let it rest for at least 20 minutes minutes before serving, to firm up.
A simple salad of fresh greens dressed with a shake of olive oil and balsamic vinegar (salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste if desired) goes perfectly with this dish!
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! 🙂
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon. We will get a small commission for sending you there (at no extra cost to you).
Please note: Links to products are Affiliate Links.
Please also note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this Primal, LCHF and ketogenic diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.